QucsStudio is a non-commercial project that is developed completely privately in spare time. Therefore, it needs the support of its users, e.g. with bug reports. Test results and any kind of documentation are always very welcome, too. Please also help other users in the forum. Furthermore, all those who like QucsStudio are encouraged to make a donation. Besides this, the below-mentioned list contains tasks that are currently most wanted. However, they should be accomplished autonomously. Partial solutions, literature or advices about these topics are appreciated, too.
Currently the following things are needed:
- Create component libraries of the well-known companies
- Programming extensions like filter synthesis, importing files (Gerber, STEP files, Python, KiCAD, it.e.cad, pcbmodelgen ...)
- EM simulation core for the method of moments, e.g. basing on GLMoM, Puma-EM or Scuff-EM
- (Complex) examples for circuit optimization.
- Improving the microstrip, stripline and coplanar models
- Extending the functionality of the VerilogA interface
- Creating new components in C/C++ or VerilogA. This task also includes
test circuits that show the correct behaviour and references to
publications about the used models.
Examples for such components are:
- different transformers (with magnetic core, for 3-phases, with complex transfer function, Laplace)
- different MOSFET models
- CMC models
- Verification of integrated components and simulations, e.g. by testing with other circuit simulators, perhaps also with speed comparison.